Pulmonology Maywood NJ
Pulmonologists specialize in the treatment of lung diseases of all kinds, such as tuberculosis, asthma or a condition called COPD – chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The pulmonary specialists at Riverside Medical Group can provide expert treatment of any acute and chronic lung disorder, including asthma, pulmonary infections, COPD, lung cancer, pneumonia and sleep disorders. We understand each patient requires individualized treatment, and we take the time necessary to determine how to treat a patient’s condition that best suits his/her lifestyle.
Our pulmonary and respiratory care physicians are specialists in diagnosing and treating breathing diseases and lung conditions, applying the newest technology and strategies to help you breath more easily. Riverside Medical Group’s lung and sleep specialists also focus on education and rehabilitation to improve our patients’ over-all health and quality of life.
Our Board Certified Pulmonologists are committed to patient quality and provide care in an outpatient, inpatient and intensive care setting. Our experts specialize in:
- Lung nodules/mass & lung cancer
- Chronic obstructive lung disease, COPD and emphysema
- Abnormal chest X-ray or CT scan
- Chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Pleural effusion (fluid in lungs)
- Lung fibrosis / interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- and Sleep Disorders:
- Sleep Apnea
A pulmonologist conducts pulmonary function tests (PFTs) to measure how well your lungs take in and exhale air. The tests also check how well your lungs transfer oxygen into the blood. There are several different tests:
- Spirometry measures how well the lungs exhale (breathe out)
- Lung volume measures how well the lungs inhale (breathe in)
- Tests of the diffusion capacity for carbon monoxide (DLCO) show how efficiently the lungs transfer oxygen into the bloodstream
Pulmonary function tests help:
- Diagnose diseases of the lung such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema
- Determine the cause of shortness of breath
- Measure the effects of chemicals, coal dust, and other toxins on lung function
- Measure the effectiveness of medicines and other treatments
PFTs can also help detect lung disease at an early stage, before symptoms develop. To rule out pulmonary diseases, you should have a complete pulmonary evaluation with our lung specialists if you are experiencing or have had coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing, chest pain, gasping for air at night, tiredness during the day or an abnormal lung scan or X-ray.
Our skilled Pulmonology staff at Riverside Medical Group, Secaucus NJ branch can evaluate your needs and get you back on the road to health.
1 Maywood Avenue
Maywood, NJ 07607
Get directions (opens in new window)